Written by Crystal Seas
Kayak with Killer whales can be an unforgettable experience. It is a great way to enjoy the scenery, the ocean and see killer whales in their natural habitat. When choosing to go kayaking Washington state, it is best to choose one that provides quality boats, gear and highly trained, professional guides. Here are some basic facts on tours offered in Washington.
1. Cost – $110 -$150 per person plus sales tax.
- Duration – Tours will go for approximately 6 hours and generally start at 10am.
- Distance – Tours will see you kayaking for 4 – 6 miles and some will include a scenic hike of about 1 mile. Tours will explore about 2-3 islands in the area.
- Requirements – Participants should be in good physical condition, and have the ability to paddle for prolonged periods.
- Minimum Age – 14
- Wildlife you may see – orca whales, humpback whales, Dall’s and harbor porpoise, stellar and California sea lions, seals, otters; eagles and falcons.
- What is supplied – Most tour companies will provide all boating equipment including ThermaRest seat cushions, complimentary dry bags, rain ponchos and a picnic lunches.
- Participants should bring – A sun hat/visor, Sunglasses, Sunscreen; Water shoes, a T-shirt (warm weather) and shorts with a light jacket. Cool weather clothing will include a fleece jacket, polypropylene/Capilene tops, rain pants.
The next time you want to take an adventure for your vacation like going kayak with orca whales , just leave it to the team at Crystal Seas.